Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I just read that "there are 5,366 copies of the Bible dating from the time it was written to just 70 years afterwards." Interesting......and no printing presses!  That involved a LOT of people to accomplish that!  

Historians used to say  that Solomon couldn't have had  the  horses mentioned in the Bible  "since they didn't have horses back then"?  Then they discovered the archeological digs that had thousands of horse stables.

I remember hearing about someone discovering oil after reading about baby Moses being put in a little basket  that his mother had made with pitch ...so it wouldn't sink.  They had the evidence and went with it.  Lots of interesting stuff there.
I'd like to read more specifics about that.  I realize that  the oil could have been discovered first and then they read about the basket - which showed that it was around back then.  Either way - it's interesting.  HISTORY  is interesting.


1 comment:

Lee said...

That is interesting stuff. I love history too. It seems we discover a lot of things about ourselves and humankind from it.