I just found out that Heather met Dick VanDyke when she and Joe were in Vegas. She may have told me but I don't remember. Joe said that was one of the few times that he ever saw
Heather star struck".
I had asked Joe if he saw the write-up of Heather on Wikipedia because some of the information was wrong.... like where she was born and what it said about her knowing Mary Tyler Moore.
The person who wrote the Wikipedia thing must have assumed she met Mary Tyler Moore since the time they honored Heather for her work with children's diabetes they had a video of Mary Tyler Moore saying something on video to Heather. Understandable error, I guess.
Heather certainly did meet several public figures. Jack Hannah is my favorite. I like what he said about Heather. I know she met Jay Leno; the guy that flew a balloon around the world who died in an airplane crash in California about a year ago (can't remember his name); David Letterman; the former governor of IL; some senators, etc. I guess when one is on T.V. - doors open for things like that.
I would have loved to see Heather "star struck". Never did that I can remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment