Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Canning

I finished canning these 67 qts of grape juice - before I ran out of jars- but that is plenty for us) and there are lots of grapes left on the arbor. Hope I can find people who might want the remaining grapes so they don't go to waste!

Now I want to learn how to can meat! Hmmm..I must be having a good day. Ya think?
Naw... :-/ Just like learning about stuff I haven't done. I've done grapes and tomatoes for years.
In case your interested....
To can grape juice:
Put 1 cup concord grapes in jar then
1/2 cup sugar (I used a little less)
Fill the jars with boiling water - put lids on and seal by
boiling 10 minutes in a canner.

(One ice cream bucket of grapes - on stems - does one batch -7 qts.)

2 comments:

Lee said...

Great work Mom! You done good.:)

jp said...

You sound like Aunt Judy...she uses that phrase. :-)