Friday, March 14, 2008

Just Thinking
Verbal clubs swung by either political party are often loaded with inaccuracies or stuff that doesn't matter. I read someone's comment a while back that said something like "Who wants to watch Hillary Clinton get old".
I thought -
that was really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I have heard a lot people say how they hate her. I'm not a fan of hers but I dislike that attitude as much as hearing anyone say they hate President Bush!

At the same time -
I'm having trouble with Obama's preacher having political sermons loaded with - not spiritually strengthening wisdom but - stuff that makes one cringe. He's been his friend and preacher for 20 years? That's a big pill to swallow! I was listening to the man's sermon and wondering how Obama can conceivably distance himself from that?! This is a tough one.

One of the
milder things the preacher was saying was how Obama was a poor, under privileged black man. Let's see.... he's still young yet he's not poor.... he went to Harvard....he's running for president - where is the underprivileged part? Harry Truman just graduated from high school! This is America! It can happen here!.....Rev. Jeremiah Wright also said Obama is hated because he's black? By whom?
If you want to hear someone say he loves his enemies in an angry hot tempered voice - listen to his sermon. Unbelievable. Nothing like drawing people together with inspirational words, a?

How about Obama's top adviser retired Gen.Merrill McPeak blaming President Bush for Iran hating the U.S.? Was he saying that with his tongue in his cheek? He doesn't remember the hostage taking during the Carter (not Bush) administration and the animosity since? WHERE has he been? The man makes a normal person stagger with disbelief!

I look forward to seeing the first black man become president of this country. But
- not
this one.
Now Obama seems personable. I'm sure there are many likable things about him but
governing hasn't been one of them. I saw his voting record. It's scary.

Maybe if I wanted to live in a country where the sentence for sex offender in the county jails included time off for good behavior (he voted "no" when they wanted to stop that) and women were encouraged to grow some of their unwanted babies to full term for their
parts....or a full term baby that survived an abortion was left untreated for the purpose of dying (he voted "no" to the Born Alive Infant Protection Package). .. and the president's preacher would be as off the wall as his is - he'd be the man for the job.

I think I just described some qualities of a liberal utopia.
Sorry I don't mean to sound cynical.
Just thinkin

No comments: