A Snowy Day
My brother was just here and I was reminded - about a time a while back - when Leon and Beth and I were coming home from some place here in town - and we knew he (my brother)was going to be here when we got home. So one of us just casually mentioned that he might be snoozing. Beth said "No. He will be reading the dictionary." We walked in and there he sat reading a dictionary! That was so funny that we all laughed - even he did - when we told him about our assumptions..and what the winning guess turned out to be. He is the only one I know who likes read the dictionary! Most people like them handy but he will always buy any dictionary he sees at the Thrift shop - sometimes 3 at a time. I wonder how many he has now.....?What seems interesting to me is that he is the only one of our parents' 5 kids who will, even now, criticize our mom's telling him - to "Look it up in the dictionary" when he, as a kid, would ask her about the spelling or meaning of a word....and he is the only one of us who values them quite that much. We all like dictionaries but just to look something up. We humans can be complex, interesting characters can't we? I'm not saying we are awesome - just that our Creator is.
The murder trial for which he testified a few months ago ended in a hung jury and is up again to be repeated except that there apparently is going to be a plea bargain of some kind. It will be decided in a few days what that will involve. I will be interested to find out what will come of that. This week we should find out.
The wee dude that is due (I mentioned in the last post) - is procrastinating. The only thing we know for sure is that his birthday will be sometime in February. :-)
It's nice to have Cherity and the boys here while they wait to celebrate his arrival with Robin and Chad. The boys and I made cookies the other day while Cherity took a little time off and went shopping. Leon was happy about that since he has been trying to get me to make cookies for a while now. I do believe it is true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
Good grief! But - whatever it takes. At least it's still in my power to make him happy! Making cookies is no problem.
The wee dude that is due (I mentioned in the last post) - is procrastinating. The only thing we know for sure is that his birthday will be sometime in February. :-)
It's nice to have Cherity and the boys here while they wait to celebrate his arrival with Robin and Chad. The boys and I made cookies the other day while Cherity took a little time off and went shopping. Leon was happy about that since he has been trying to get me to make cookies for a while now. I do believe it is true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
Good grief! But - whatever it takes. At least it's still in my power to make him happy! Making cookies is no problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment