A Day in February
There is a wee dude due that everyone is anxiously awaiting. He - on the other hand - is apparently in no hurry. Robin, Cherity's sister, is still waiting for her little fellow to come while Cherity and her mom are here to help welcome him. If all goes as planned he will be born at home.
It is snowing and from the forecast it will be all night.
It's cozy when it snows. Sometimes I think of what it must have been like 150 years ago when homes were, in many cases, more crude and most were drafty. Since most of the homes were heated with wood, (maybe coal) can you imagine how smoky smelling the air was when they would take a walk around town? Funny, I never thought about that before. Now if anyone uses wood in the neighborhood we make sure our windows are closed at night. Yes, I sometimes actually open the bedroom window in the winter. Fresh air is what I'm after - not cooling off - but of course we get both.
Going to bed now. Going to bed for me is another way of saying I'm headed upstairs to read. For Lucas it means heading for the kitchen to eat.
I'm looking forward to looking outside in the a.m. to see how much snow we ended up with and finding out if the little man arrived yet. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment