Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Tuesday
Leon is up on the roof on the back part of the house shoveling off the snow. I had started doing that yesterday but petered out before I hardly made a dent in the job. All I accomplished was
climbing out of a bedroom window and shoveling a path over to the balcony deck and around the door that goes out there from the upstairs hall ...so that we could open it and get out that way. I couldn't believe all the snow that accumulated up there. I don't think anyone could do it all at one time....just too much.

I was looking around the internet and saw some clips of Tim Hawkins. That's a good place to go if you need to lighten your mood. There is one there that I saw on another blog called The
Products
which made me laugh until I had tears in my eyes. If you haven't seen that one I recommend it! Just go to youtube.com and type in Tim Hawkins in the search box.

We bought a new large size thermometer this winter and attached it to the backyard tree where we can see it from the house. I've decided it's broken. - Everything else says it's below zero today and according to IT - it's been 20 degrees for about a month....so it's broken or we have a very warm tree!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Jon and I have watched. In fact we just watched him about four weeks ago. He is hilarious. :)

jp said...

Ya, that one on products was so "on the beam" funny. I say that having an electric toothbrush!..and sometimes wishing I had one of those on the ceiling clocks! Ha! (I think I'll pass on the clock now)I wouldn't want it to keep me awake. :-)

The medicine one was good. Last night - (after watching that video) - dad took a pill and THEN sat down to read the side effects! "Oh" he said "Maybe this pill was the reason I lost my hearing in that one ear until I stopped taking this medicine!"

He has been having SO much trouble with his knee that he, understandably, would take anything to get some relief...but it looks like the price for easing up on pain is pretty hefty.

Lee said...

Have you read anything about knee replacements or is a knee replacement not a need for him?

jp said...

We're hoping it's just the weather but I guess it has been going on for a while. Sometimes it lets up though.
We'll see.