Reason
I have heard and read comments that defy reason and there is so much passion behind them that it would be a waste of time pointing out facts that are being ignored.There was a clip on a news program a few years ago (in the late '90s) that showed police trying to close in on an armed bank robber who was hiding out in a building. While I stood there watching the T.V. news in action with someone else - she said....
They are going to be dealing with more of that if they don't have better welfare programs.
I looked at her wondering if she was joking - but no... she was serious! Chances are the thief's reasoning (if you can call it that) for doing what he did had nothing to do with disgruntlement over the welfare system....Even if it did it would have been off-the-wall reasoning. I really doubt it was because he was hungry.
Then there is the Bush-bashing. Disagree with him? O.K.
Disagree with decisions he has made? Fine.
It really would be better to make sure things were actually done illegally and with deceit before those tomatoes are thrown up on stage. Checking out the facts is always a good place to start. . All actions have been according to law ...from Guantanamo and water boarding, to the decision to go into Iraq. BTW our own people have experienced water boarding - so that they would know what it involves and that the result does not involve injury.
I won't even mention some other statements I've heard that defy reason - for just that reason.
When logic is not in the mix - facts somehow become invisible.
Well, God bless America, anyway. At least we have the right to disagree. Well, most of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment