One Of These Days I'll Learn
Maybe
I have some aspects about me that sometimes make life difficult. One is that I worry like all get out when I misplace something. It isn't logical to put something where I can't find it!! I need to remember these things!...and I believe it so strongly that I could cause myself some real problems. Oh..... like maybe ..... heart failure.I may have shed some light on that part of my psyche when I wrote a while back about concern over something that I thought I had done wrong in my book keeping work for the church but it turned out I hadn't.
So I'm thinking - What? Do I enjoy torturing myself?!! Get a grip here!
Well, for the last 1 ½ days I've been looking for some misplaced files. Since they were back from last January I hadn't noticed that they were gone until yesterday. I did have them on computer but the originals were no where to be found! My last try was to go over to the church and see if I might have put them inadvertently with some from a former year. I had my coat on ready to go and I stood there thinking if I didn't get a handle on myself I was going to get downright sick..... Thought...
Pray about this.
I sat down.
As I sat there the thought came - Kneel. I thought - Well I'm sitting - I'm only doing this because I don't have padded knees.
Then the thought......But is that respectful enough?.....Kneel!
True to form, I argue some more...Who's putting that thought in my head, anyway! It's not necessarily God!.....
Then ....
Why argue? - Kneel!
O.K. - I did.
Dear Lord, please help me find those files... (not poetic but - to the point)
I got up and in 5 seconds (or less) I had my hands on those illusive files! (I was eye level with them while I was kneeling.)
It was a humbling experience.
4 comments:
Mom, thanks for posting this. I like it that God does this and I'm right with you in believing you that he told you those things to do.
Right in the wound that you felt you were experiencing, i.e. forgetfulness, He spoke to it. Like... "look here, if you are going to get worked up and think that you are in control, I'll bring you to the point of not being in control, and I'll show who's really in charge." Wow those are supernatural expereinces, and I'm so glad you shared this after talking on the phone about it today.
I think I'll kneel more often. We do, after all, have an awesome God.
That's the coolest thing I've read in weeks. Thanks, Mom.
Jon
Welcome. It was definitely my pleasure. :-)
Post a Comment