Yesterday, Today, etc.
Yesterday in the a.m. proved to be a double wammy day. I spent a good deal of time with the bank trying to figure out how to get Lucas' ATM card to work for him. He had used it before and it worked but then it took his card and we had to work fast to get it back or they would send it back to the states! Finally the bank here called the
Israeli bank with help from the phone operator and it was solved.
Then there was Beth who had decided to go to TN with a girl friend without proper planning or letting anyone here or there know their plans.
Their intention was to move there. One night sleeping in a parking lot in the car was apparently all it took to wake them up to their mistake. They should be home now but Beth is staying with her grandfather so I am only assuming. I spent a lot of time on the phone for that too - trying to keep up with things with someone we know down there.
Other than that -
I just read a story of Harry and Bess Truman. They were quite a remarkable couple. When you think how things have changed over the years with marriages crumbling and breaking up - it's nice to see (be reminded of) one like theirs. Of course there are other good working marriages. I think when a couple makes up their minds that it's for life they work on it harder. No one wants to live their life miserable so if they decide that - they will work on things with more determination. Many people think they will stay married only as long as they are happy......well,"good luck to them" - but that attitude is doomed to end up in failure. It takes work to make a marriage successful!
But it's worth it. Really, really worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment