Monday
We went to a party last Saturday afternoon. We don't do that much so this was nice for a change.The hostess had bread bowls which I learned she made from frozen bread dough - thawed and cut into thirds. She said the cut side goes down on the baking sheet (your choice of a side for the middle one :-) and slightly round the dough and bake it. Sounds easy. I like that part. She had chili and a pureed broccoli cheese soup to fill them. Then there was other stuff - all good.
You can tell I'm hungry - I'm talking about food.
Leon is outside digging out the apple tree stump. Right now he is cutting the part of the trunk that is above the roots to make it less heavy to handle. It's muddy out there since it rained. He has already put 2 days into that job. If the thing wasn't so big he could lift it right out now but ....it's too heavy for that. Didn't realize it had grown so big! I'll stick a picture of it in here as soon as the blogspot people fix whatever it is they are fixing.
The big drape in front of our church sanctuary has been replaced with different fabric and a lighter color. Looks nice. The former drape is now in a box here. It was in that box at the church today with a note saying "free" on it.... so now it's here. Lots of fabric (velvet) that will come in handy - for something!
Here it is...
The stump/root part doesn't look as big here as it does in "real life"...but try lifting it!
No comments:
Post a Comment