Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend In Iowa
It was great to get away to Iowa and just relax. It was nice to see Lee - and her youngest action figure, Bethany. The other two girls were on a music trip and their Dad was in Chicago on business.

Saturday a.m. we went on to Camp Appanoose to see Lucas who has been there as camp counselor/worker for the summer.
I'm glad we finally got there. It was very impressive. Kids that get to go there not only have fun but they learn stuff while they are at it.

We stayed in a cabin that is in the side of a hill and the back and side parts that were otherwise exposed - nearer the roof - have sod stacked up covering it. With bathroom facilities in each of those cabins and bunks for 10 campers - it is really comfortable.

The cabin we were in even had a microwave! I happily used that to dry some of the wild flowers from the campgrounds. Lee told me about an activity that they did on their vacation that I want to copy. I could just put the flowers in a frame to remember - "Wild flowers from Appanoose"... :-) but I have something else in mind, too. The fact that they are from there makes it better. So it will be a combination. Once I get that done I'll take a picture and put it on here. It was instigated by Lee's sister-in-law who is good at thinking of interesting things to do.

Anyway, at Appanoose
the kids stay in covered wagons that have bunk beds for 6 ( or 8?) kids. It looks like great accommodations for kids. The wagons are arranged in a large circle.
No pictures - I forgot my camera.

No comments: