Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Expressing Anger or What?

I used the word "rant" in a recent post. I know the word but looked it up in the dictionary for another matter.
In my case the word was used appropriately - esp. because I wasn't reading the discourse - I was listening to it. "To be in a rage; loud discourse".

If you are reading something it's more difficult to qualify it - unless , of course, you disagree. Then you'll use the word as "to rail". That is your prerogative. I've even used the word that way myself.

Cuss words seem to lift the volume a bit....as well as LARGE print...but - truth is - if you read something and say to yourself it sounds like ranting - try reading it again and see if you can't see the person calmer than you thought. Come now let us reason together doesn't have to wear a contorted angry face. That wouldn't mean that they aren't passionate with what they are saying .....just not hot and red faced about it. After all when people are typing they aren't trying to "get a word in edgewise" - nobody is interrupting them with wisecracks.

If I have any "pet peeve" it would be getting interrupted - constantly! That's what I like about blogging. I'm never interrupted!! Then if someone who disagrees so desires - they can respond with their whole thought.

On T.V. we hear interviews with opposing positions and both end up talking at the same time...so the LISTENER HEARS NOTHING! (Sorry for yelling .)

Ah- blogging is great!

No comments: