The Big Day
Uneventful day for Leon yesterday. He did get one or two calls wishing him a happy birthday.
It seems strange that we have known each other since we were 14 years old. We didn't go out until we were 18, though he told me then that he liked me through high school. That was nice because I liked him, too. I'm glad we didn't date until 18 - we had a little more time to grow up and get to know others. We probably wouldn't have ended up married if we started going together in high school and it was worth the wait.
I remember that he was never late for a date. (Perhaps he sensed that wouldn't have gone over well.)
My favorite memory of him back then was that I discovered he was sentimental about stuff concerning us. I didn't expect that from a guy. (I thought they were too dumb for that :-) I was pleasantly surprised! That put him at the top of the chart as far as I was concerned. He's not as sentimental now but that's O.K. - he brings me coffee in the morning. That's priceless! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment