Monday, May 28, 2007

My Turn

I haven't had a bummed day for quite a while. Actually, I like to think that I can rise above them when they do come but today is a little different.


Since last night a couple of things happened that sent me reeling so I'm pretty quiet today - until I get a handle on things. It will happen (handling it) but since I've had the feeling that sometimes bad things happen in 3's I'm waiting for the third thing and trying to brace myself. :-)


The first thing was a comment someone made to my youngest daughter. It was made by a kid - but plenty old enough to know better! Proverbs 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings. The kid has shown to be overdue for a “tune-up”....... Pretty flabbergastingly so.


The second (different situation) happened in a conversation with someone I speak with quite often. This person is the type that seems to know what everyone else means by their actions but I made the mistake of suggesting that a reaction/response (to something mentioned by this person) was perhaps out of nervousness ( a couple of people laughed at someone else's mannerless comment) instead of out of meanness . I wasn't suggesting that as a fact. The person I'm speaking of came back with the usual condescending, irritated response - which is something that - should the tables have been turned - would have caused a major blow-up on that person's part. I chose to ignore that response and say nothing more but it leaves me churning inside. Such is life, a? We all have to deal with stuff.


I know that it could be irritating for someone to always be suggesting that So and So didn't really mean it that way – because maybe they did. I realize that sometimes the intention is obviously nasty.


But - going beyond that– we need to learn to forgive anyway! ..........O.K. That goes for me too. And that kid I spoke of earlier needs forgiveness --------- right after their clock is cleaned. :-)


That could take a while.....so I guess I need to forgive anyway...and realize that they are going to have a rough time in the future when they learn the hard way how not to act...Because if the kid would say unbelievably mean stuff like that – it wasn't the first major mis-step and it won't be the last but this young person is still not beyond God's saving love.....even if not there yet.


No comments: