The Lock-In
There was a Lock-in at the Sonshine center last night. Beth came home with 8 gold fish in a zip lock bag! We already have 1 which is enough as far as I'm concerned but 8? (Now 9!) I wouldn't have minded 1 or 2 more, but...... Oh well. I don't know why teens like staying up all night. I guess it is fun because it's different...?.....
I did only once when I was in high school - to finish a term paper. I wasn't the best typist and we didn't have word processors or personal computers to work with. Not only that but they were strict about how many mistakes you could have on a page (including erased places) so I went through a lot of paper!! Anyway, I made it through the next day fine - great even -until about noon and then I just broke down and bawled. I was so nervous about that paper! It was completed and put together except it needed to be fastened in the binder thing. Good thing I was home for lunch. My mom brought the paper over to the school (it was for the first class after lunch) and sent me to bed. I ended up getting an A+ so it turned out O.K. That was only my first time - It should have been my last. A couple of years later I got a job at a hospital in the summer and had the swing shift which included the nights. That was tough. Never again! Nights are for sleeping!
Beth doesn't react well to no sleep either. I dread the next two days. :-[ She doesn't know when to quit....comes home and wants to go out again and do stuff!! When she crashes she doesn't just cry. This time I told her today is not going to include anything but resting up! Mom's can be mean....when they have to be :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment