Forgiveness
The single most self destructive force in life, I think, is unforgiveness. Sometimes it takes years to deal with it - to put it where it belongs. It's like carrying a poisonous snake in your pocket. It may not show and you may forget it's there but - it's there - hiding and way too close.
It doesn't matter it's cause. We are all handed a bag of garbage somewhere along the way. That's just life. If we never suffered we wouldn't have a clue what someone else was going through when they do. If that would be the case we would pretty much be useless creatures. I don't think there is any crumby thing that has happened to me that I would go back and erase. That is only because it taught me something. More to the point...God could have taken it away ...and He didn't...for some reason. Remember though, this is a coward speaking and also that doesn't include my own sins when I say I wouldn't erase anything. Thanks to Jesus I don't have to.
I know me and I know that there could be a time down the road where I will buckle. When that happens - I want people to care enough to pray for me . We all hate our visits to torture island! You know - the place where you feel alone and isolated in your pain. I know someone (sort of) right now that I think is going through something and only because I've been there can I pray for her with any urgency. She has -as I told her - a heart of gold - she's a true believer and the kind that is a proven - priceless friend. I think what made her what she is - is her recognizing her need for a savior and the compassion she has for others which I believe is the result of knowing pain herself.
The bible says -
..... "while we have opportunity....do good to all people, especially those who are of the household of the faith. " Galatians 6:10 That's one reason Christians pray for each other...and I hope...forgive each other.
1 comment:
Wow. Good post Mom.
Love you.
So glad you are in Columbus. Give Heath, Jack, and Julia lots of hugs and kisses for me.
Post a Comment