Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Day Before Heading Home From Columbus
Heather and I went to a luncheon honoring 6 caregivers of cancer patients. It was very well done and attended by several hundred . The mayor of Columbus, Ohio senators, etc. were there. I met Heather's onocologist, too.
The program was called Stephanie's Champions. Everyone had a pink umbrella waiting on their chair...to take home.

Stephanie is the wife of Chris Spielman, a former NFL football player. (I should have taken his picture too, with Stephenie) She has been dealing with breast cancer for 8 years and when she was diagnosed her husband quit the NFL to be there for her. They work to raise awareness and money for research. Her story was in the same magazine that Heather's was in a while back. It may have been Glamour magazine...no that was another one. (Maybe she was in that one too.) I think it was Baby magazine. She has 4 children - one was a little "surprise" after Stephanie was diagnosed with cancer...the third was the one that somehow resulted in her to discovery the cancer in the first place. Stephenie Spielman and Heather

It was an interesting day. It's fun being out with Heather and seeing how people respond to her.
She is quite the celebrity in this area. She's really wonderful with everyone. We went to a unique farmer's market (indoors) and there was a friend of hers upstairs who happened to be taping a cooking show.
This woman (forgot her name) has sometimes been on the noon show at Heather's station. Before we left they asked if Heather would do a cooking show with her sometime. I'd like to see that one.
I even took pictures of the room that the set was in (for the filming).
This set for the actual cooking show segment is to the right of the above picture ( It also has a bit of Heather in it).

Little Jack loves cars and trains....so if you are visiting and you don't see this (below) .....you're in the wrong house!!! It's his daily ritual to have them lined up like this.......right in that spot.


I'll put a couple of pictures of the kids in tomorrow.

No comments: