Day to Day
I finished the W2s that I needed to do and did them online. I feel like I really accomplished something. Not only did I do them (correctly) but I learned how to do them online ! Ta da!!-
After I printed out and sent them to the various places they needed to go I did our taxes - state and federal. We're getting a good refund which will come in handy ....not for splurging. Here's to.....♫ ♫♪...bailing out! ♫ ♫♪ Things have been so tight that I almost felt like when we were in early marriage. Nice as it was back then that's one aspect I don't care to relive. Oh well... life hasn't been dull! I've learned what is Really important.....and it isn't "stuff".
2 comments:
A hearty Amen to "stuff" isn't really important". That's the very thing that distracts us from people. We are a slave to it. The arranging, the rearranging, the maintenance, the replacing of it. The lists goes on and on. Jon and I are ready to move to a smaller place and get rid of half of what we own and simplify. Less distractions and more contentment. At least that is our theory. I'd like to see what we can really live without. The people in Africa have absolutely nothing. But as Jon said in his blog, their relationship to each other is the most important. Know why? They have no stuff. (Plus they have to work together to eat...etc.., pretty important) They just have each other. We would all know each other so much better and have a deeper love for one another. Anyway...
God is so good.
I used to feel that I was the most creative when I had less. And you know it still is the way I am. You are too. I saw it in you over and over again when we were growing up. I love that about you. It's so cool. Course you have always been more creative and better with the true homemaker stuff like sewing, quilting, etc...and if I was forced to do those things, I would too. But I've never been in the position yet where I needed too. Do we need another Great Depression to get us back to that? Ha.
Anyway...I love you Mom and glad you got those taxes done online. That's pretty cool too.
Love you,
Lee
Hi Lee,
I did the W2s for the church but I
did our taxes the old fashioned way since so far there doesn't seem to be a free way to do ours with that extra couple of forms we need.
The picture on Jon's blog is neat. Dear little, curious, happy fellows.
I have more questions for Jon on his blog so he will be hearing form me again. :-)
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment