Just Thinking
Ever talk to yourself when you are alone? I try not to - but then again - I'm the only one that I can count on to listen. I rarely interrupt myself. :-)
Sometimes I get "down". I don't think that puts me in any different catagory than anyone else but it's no fun just the same. There are things that I can't talk about to anyone else - which is O.K.
There are things I can't do anything about so it's just a matter of learning to rise above them.
I heard someone quoted once and the profoundness of it struck me again today...."It's not about you". What hit me about it - is that I've been going about the various days and activities the wrong way. It's not "How I look or come across to other people or how well am I doing" it's "Why am I doing everything that I am doing"? We do things for the people we love because we love them but we can even get sidetracked by that into heading in a pointless direction. I need to remember to do things for God. When we do things for our loved ones keeping that in mind - then it can only improve the results. Doing something, too, that has become otherwise humdrum - takes on a whole new meaning.
When I was 13 I learned: "Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." I memorized it mechanically at the time....I learned it's meaning since - but it needs to be a daily reminder thing. We are like "sheep" after all - and sheep don't always watch where they are going.
No comments:
Post a Comment