We now have cable T.V. and I'm still not sure how much I like it. I used to get all the news on the internet so having cable doesn't add much enthusiasm for me just because I get it live.
Where's the Logic?
Growing up with T.V. showing what communism did to countries left a big impression on me. I would really like to love this president/his policies as much as some others do but it only leaves me afraid of people who can be so charming that they blind people.
Common, ordinary living where one has to watch what they spend because they have to make sure they live within their budgets and not spend foolishly isn't fun but it's a good teacher! I'm beginning to think that the word government is - for some - a magical word. If it's government - it's possible no matter what anyone says has happened.
I think I'm more afraid for our country's spiritual condition. Put kids through a rewrite of history and they grow up with an entirely different, distorted view of our founding. I once saw a blogger that had written "our country wasn't founded on Christian principals"...and I wondered what planet he's been on but of course, he must have had a different (new age type) history teacher!
It doesn't do much good to worry about what one can do nothing about. I can pray and vote and more importantly put it all in God's hands. Then, however, I worry that God will give us what we deserve. God does say that He won't always struggle with us but give us up to our corrupt desires.
Maybe people haven't seen what the type of taking care of the present president wants for the U.S.A. I have seen people who are perfectly able to take care of themselves but rely on the government instead. A friend from our class reunion who was a former Democrat told us about a huge government project in TN. It's a large community outside of Memphis called "the Projects" where people are taken care of by the government - generation after generation. They live in nice apartments with all their needs being supplied without anything expected in return. They have children without an on-board father in the picture and government fosters that! It's a lifestyle! They live better than the average citizen. THIS is smart? I don't think so but it is all too common.
Money is wasted! Wasted! ...but the president said "If the conservatives don't buckle under we will lose our medicare or social security! We give billions to foreign countries but if we have to cut spending it's out of something that people payed into for their retirement for 40 years?! Go figure!
The government thought it would be such a nice thing that people who couldn't prove they were able to make house payments should get loans, anyway. When the banks went under - they blame the banks? Really? They passed a law that jobs could be sent overseas and look what happened! People who made those laws are supposed to be educated? Where's the logic?
No comments:
Post a Comment