Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Class Reunion/Family Heritage
We went to our class reunion this last week end. It was interesting trying to figure out "who's who". Not easy. Picture name tags helped - a LOT. I wish they had the classmates stand up briefly and just say their name (maybe where they were from, maybe not) and that's all. Since there were 95 - just classmates - it would need to have been kept brief or people would have been sleeping by time the last ones got up.

We had dinner the next day with Leon's siblings and learned that Leon's grandmother - was adopted - and was part Indian! Uncle Harley, their mother's brother, was the bearer of that information. Grandma Hulke didn't look it in the picture we have of her so it's hard to say how far back it went. I'd like to try to research it but I'll need some more info about her other than her maiden name, Agnes Schmitke (sp?). I think Leon's mom said her mother died when she (Irene) was 26 - probably in 1942ish. (?) That's not much to go on.

We had rain last night but more wind than water, 2/10ths of an inch. This is the first time in all the years we've lived here that we have had such little rain and talking to our neighbor who lived here 20 years longer than us said it's the first she's experienced it, too. There's always a "first" somewhere on earth... at least, in a life time.



No comments: