Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Day For Serious Reflection
There has never been a time, in my life, where I've felt such despair (politically) as I do now. I turned on the radio just in time to hear Rick Santorum announce that he is withdrawing from the presidential race. I listened with tears in my eyes with such a feeling of hopelessness.

Unlike ever before I've heard a candidate "tell it like it is" concerning the paths we have taken in our country...(socially and even morally). Never mind that we have gone so far off track economically.

I must admit - I get irritated when I hear people talk about someone that should be the nominee because he is the one "able to beat Obama"! They went that route with McCain and see where that got us! How about getting someone - because he is right! Santorum isn't just a good, level headed, politician but a good man. He is someone who reminds us of the importance of families....and our relationship to God...and without his being a preacher! Not many have that kind of courage. Imagine! We need courage to be Christian in a country founded on Christian principles! It wasn't good when I was young but in my lifetime I've seen things go from bad (shudder) to so - much - worse.

We really need another Billy Graham....No.....a bunch of them!

On the positive side...this is the time...another reminder... that God is in control. The scary part is that He lets us have our own collective way...bringing us to our knees, in regret, as a result. That's the best place to be....under any circumstances.

No comments: