JUNE 4th
Before we started on that rather looong walk around the capital building we went into the capital for a pit stop and to our surprise we had to go through a check point where we had to show whatever was in our pockets and my purse. (So glad I had a small purse. If I'd had the big one that Heather got me we'd probably still be there! :-D
They've had a lot of trouble with protestors .... so I'm glad to know they're taking precautions. Now, I guess there is a group the shows up at noon every day and "sings" in protest - extremely LOUD - consequently driving others out in an attempt to save their ear drums. Too bad there are those who - when the majority vote - and it differs from their wishes they can't just wait until the next time to vote but want things to change to agree with them...right now....or they'll yell and tear up the place.
Anyway, the birthday fella is napping on the back porch now. I wonder what he'll want to do when he wakes up. The day is not over so I'd better be ready. It's his day!!
I sure hope he has many (years) more!
No comments:
Post a Comment