Friday, June 24, 2011

Ideas
Through the years there are some things I've learned - over and over again! We are very much like the houses we live in - in that we have to maintain them so that they don't fall apart. I guess I'm talking about approaches to problems. (Mind games)

When we were young marrieds - and I had my first two children to take care of - sometimes I didn't have supper ready when Leon came home from work. He didn't like that (understandably) and complained. He had just finished a long day at work, sometimes dealing with other's idiosyncrasies, and was tired and famished!

It got to be so that I would get a terrific headache when I noticed that it was time for him to walk in the door and I hadn't started supper. I discovered an off the counter drug called "COPE" that mellowed and took away the headaches so I tried to remember to take them.

Then I discovered another way to handle the headaches. It involved getting organized just enough to make sure I had supper ready! Tah Daaah! It was quite effective, no possibility of bad side effects, and cost 100% less!

My mother used to tell me things about her parents as I was growing up - so that I almost felt as if I knew them. For instance, my grandmother learned to deal with the same problem I had! If she didn't have supper started - and she saw her husband (my grandpa) coming - she quickly set the table! When he saw the table ready - he just calmly went out to hoe in the garden until she called him in. Mind games...they're quite satisfying when you figure out a way to win....even when the solution is in the realm of "Duhh! Why didn't I think of that before?!"

That's what keeps life interesting. Usually, now, it's something to do with the house but sometimes it's more important than that. I'm looking forward to finding out what the next "Ta dah" moment is. :-)

No comments: