Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goals
I have a magic picture frame (changes pictures like a slideshow) and the neatest phone. They were Christmas gifts.
I finally have the picture frame up and running. I'm still learning things on the phone but I'm catching on and one thing I've noticed is that I feed off frustration. Learning often involves tenacity in the face of difficulty. So frustration = satisfaction - when I "get it"! :-)

I've taken up knitting socks. I've made 2 pair.
I have a lot of yarn and I'm determined to turn it all into something useful. It's a goal. I don't let it bother me if I goof occasionally. That's a learning experience... (Which turns it into something useful!) I like what Edison said about the thousands of times something didn't work (before he invented the light bulb) weren't failures. He learned that those ways didn't work!

My sister gave me something she came across several years ago. It was the idea that every day you should make out a list of things (10 or 20?) that you've accomplished in your life and you do that for a month. (?) You can put down the simplest things - like learning to drive or maybe brushing you teeth every day. The point is that after a month you'll feel much better about yourself. I never did get to the end of that time period for that. It's a good psychological game.
The goal isn't selfish - it necessary!...... like opening up the shades and letting the sun shine in!

I just read something one of my Facebook friends put on today:

"I will dream of tomorrow where the past will not be in my way and passion lives another day."

No comments: