Remembering our Colorado trip...
We visited Rocky Mountain National Park - north of Denver. That's one of those places that has a winding road heading up and up and up. It affected me so that it had me in a state of terror. I mean TERROR!I can take some heights but I like LOTS of space between me and the drop to the lower level and that road had NO shoulder and no rails! Just a sudden drop! It was all I could do not to scream bloody murder and scramble out the car's top window to run back down the mt. but that would have given me an even eerier view of the valley abruptly far below...... plus I didn't want to spook Owen and Seb who were taking the ride better than me.
The pictures below are all of the trip to Colorado Springs where we visited the "Garden of the gods". We watched a guy climb up the pointed rock below. I'm not sure I could have managed to watch him climb down. Anyway we moved on and found the gigantic rock in the pictures that we are seen holding up. (not) It was all interesting and very non Wisconsin type territory.

1 comment:
Ha! This is a funny post Mom!! I laughed!! I know what you mean about the mountainous roads with no shoulder, with a noncomforting guardrail put in once in awhile in SOME parts of the mountainous roads. I was pretty much taken away too with the sudden drops, but I kept thinking...look at how beautiful it is...look at how beautiful it is! That helped. Self psychology...I guess. That was the only way I was going to enjoy the week, since we did alot of traveling on those roads during that week. I'm sure you breathed a sigh of relief when you hit normal altitude heading home :), like me. All said...aren't those mountains something else??? They are just fantastic...Wisconsin hills look like bumps now don't they?? Ha. Glad you guys got to go. :) Dad would have enjoyed a Colorado Rockies game...experiencing a game in that altitude. The hits the players make go a lot farther I think because of the altitude or something..like that...Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway the altitude makes a difference somehow...
Post a Comment