Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I like to read. I guess my family all know this. I just read about 5 simple ways to increase you intelligence. Maybe you read that too. (Mercola.com) In case you didn't:

1. Minimize television. (I'm O.K. there since we don't have cable there's no t.v. watching.

2. Exercise. I had to gulp at this one. Other than pacing (my way of thinking) and occasional walks with Leon, weeding the garden, etc. - I seem to be allergic. I've
recently discovered that holding my stomach in is a considerable challenge and I figure that qualifies as exercise. I have to fight that allergy.

3. Read challenging books. I'm doing that right now. Well.....right now I'm typing but....

4. Early to bed early to rise. I'm O.K. here.

5. Take time to reflect. Hoooo! I wonder if a person can overdo on this.

That all sounds simple enough, a?

Now let's see..... (I'm reflecting).... I got up early, haven't watched T.V. , I did some work and now I'm holding in my stomach, (exercise)......now where's that 830 page book!
By rights I should increase my intelligence today.
I can dream, can't I?
**************************************************
We will be getting our house re-sided due to the hail damage. I'm glad. We're going to ask Adam to do the work and if he says "yes" I'll be off the wall excited. If course I'll have to hide my enthusiasm. Wouldn't want him to change his mind....if he can squeeze us in his busy schedule and says "yes" that is.

No comments: