At the top of the M

Back down to the bottom.
I LOVE that smile!

Before yesterday's storm.

After the storm


No squash for us this winter. That's one job off the list. They look big enough but they aren't ripe until the stems are brown..... and they were green.


I didn't take a picture of the north side of the house which has tiny dimples all over it - one broken storm window, and a screen with multiple holes. Interesting day. It was around5:00 p.m. Many crops were ruined out in the country.
7 comments:
That's pretty stinky. I had heard that sw wisconsin had a warning out for golf sized hail, as well as ne iowa...but I was just hoping you wouldn't be bothered with it. Sorry about all your squash plants...Can you file an insurance claim on your siding? Grinnell was hit with hail a few years ago and I think almost everyone in town filed claims to get a new roof, new siding, or whatever else got damaged.
The claim is in. They said they'd be here in the next week. The 2nd St. house was hit worse since that has vinyl siding with holes now. It rained HARD a couple of days ago for abt 45 min. solid. Not good for a house with holey siding I'm guessing.
BTW: There are actually 4 fairly good sized squash - still attached!!
Any roof damage?
The 2nd St. house needs a whole new roof. Tomorrow
we will find out about our house when the adjuster comes. If they no longer make our particular siding the whole thing will be done - otherwise just the north side... That goes for both houses.
Can you eat those "still attached" squashes...so you get something for your labor?
After I took this picture the plants looked positively dead. Leaves dried up, etc. Then they CAME BACK! They have flowers on them now! Yes...we're getting squash this year after all. In fact I just prepared and froze one today.
Post a Comment