Times
I read that home schooling was outlawed by the Soviet state in 1919, by Hitler and Nazi Germany in 1938, and by Communist China in 1949. This happens. Control is the key word but it's always presented as a good thing.
Euthanasia. There are lots of things we wouldn't have dreamed of years ago. A national health care program will be expensive. It would be a logical (if not moral) way of dealing with some of the expense. Euthanasia is already legal in part of Europe. It's also handy for freeing up hospital beds - it won't always take a family member's signature for it to happen - just a doctor's decision.
Doctors have already expanded their main base of saving lives to - other things. I'm not afraid of dying but I'd rather God made the decision as to when....even if at the time....I might try to talk Him into giving me a little more time...or wish He'd hurry it up.
I realize lots of people don't take things very seriously like this.
Many don't want to be "alarmists" so in the story of the King Has No Clothes they are the ones standing on the sidelines trying to keep their eyebrows in the normal position (unraised) by convincing themselves of something that does not exist.
There were a lot of good Germans when Hitler was in power but somehow the wrong guy won and he and the mob of adorers controlled events.
On second thought maybe Hilter was God's choice - meaning only that God sometimes let's us have what we've chosen without consulting Him in our daily lives. Then we learn what happens when we think asking Him is unimportant. We can read about that a lot in the Old Testament. Too bad more don't pay attention. But that's the way we are...and have been since the beginning of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment