Bugs and Butterflies
This is the first year that I found out what a Japanese Beetle looks like. They came last year but I didn't know what they were - I only noticed what the unknown pest did.
This is what they do. They start on the leaves and use the berries for dessert.
This is what they look like:

One good guy and (lower) one bad.
They are working on our raspberries now and starting on the grapes. They are like flies but are sluggish in the early a.m. and evening so if you bump the branch they drop off to the ground. I went out with a bucket of soapy water and bumped them into that. If anyone knows a way to get rid of them I'd appreciate knowing a better way. They demolish whatever plant they choose to feast on including rose bushes.
I'd rather have butterflies than the j.b.'s.... less destructive!

This is what they do. They start on the leaves and use the berries for dessert.
This is what they look like:
One good guy and (lower) one bad. They are working on our raspberries now and starting on the grapes. They are like flies but are sluggish in the early a.m. and evening so if you bump the branch they drop off to the ground. I went out with a bucket of soapy water and bumped them into that. If anyone knows a way to get rid of them I'd appreciate knowing a better way. They demolish whatever plant they choose to feast on including rose bushes.
I'd rather have butterflies than the j.b.'s.... less destructive!

No comments:
Post a Comment