Friday, June 27, 2008


Busy Day

We just came back from visiting Grandma Pick - our family Matriarch. She had not been doing well and had a heart attack several days ago. She is in pain but she seemed much better than we had feared. When I compare her to my own mom at her age(92- Mom was 6 1/2 years older than Leon's mom) she is in much better mental condition which was so encouraging to see.

She had black hair when she was younger and was not happy with the way it looked today but since we didn't really have a choice about getting her hair done ....I'll just say- picture a nice hairdo on her and you will have a fair picture . She is where Leon got his good looks. He looks so much like her. That is one of the first things I noticed when I met her years ago.....And - she is a sweet, gentle lady.

This fuzzy picture is either due to a shaky hand or not the best setting on the camera.

While we were in Merrill we checked out the new public library. I didn't think I would ever want to move back there but when I was in that library I thought it was one thing I wouldn't mind visiting on a regular basis. It is certainly something to be proud of. Really awesome. Merrill is a nice town.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Thanks a million for the pictures and the post Mom. They mean alot.

jp said...

Lee
She had a few pictures up on her bulletin board with one of you and yours from the last time you visited. That was nice to see.

ThePicks said...

Thanks for the photos and update. We'd been wondering how Grandma Pick was doing. She is in our thoughts and prayers.