JAMAICA TRIP, etc
Adam is in Jamaica with a team of , I think, 17 people headed by Shannon B. The guys were working in excessively hot conditions and had to quit at 3:00 the day Shannon called his wife, Amy, because of the overbearing temperatures. I think they are building homes.There may be more but from what I understand there are at least two teams of builders and Adam had a place where they had to lift heavy sheets up high where there was a cliff or something involved. Shannon and Adam are going to be on the same team but this place required someone with Adam's experience so he went there and will join Shannon on his team after a while. The two teams are about a half hour away from each other. Some of the women are working in a hospital and elsewhere.
Amy got a call from Shannon during the B.O.A. meeting Tuesday night. She somehow had missed two other calls before and, of course, was anxious to hear from him. Cell phones are a great invention! It was good to hear afterward how things were going so far. Shannon and Amy have such a heart for those people.
Shannon had been there building before the hurricane went through last year. It will be good to hear more as the news gets back home.
Cherity and the boys left here this a.m. I miss them but hope they will make it back in a couple of weeks. As I mentioned earlier - I made cookies with the boys - and then we made some more later. I had to smile when we'd get started - they would be on top of the counter....not next to it.
They really get into a project. :-) It reminded me of how much fun it was to do things like that with kids around. Still is.
No comments:
Post a Comment