Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Unexpected
Yesterday Leon was broad-sided (on the driver's side) at the 4 way stop lights while he was going back to work (after lunch) at UBC. The one who hit him went through a red light at 40 mph. The UBC truck was totaled! Adam called to tell me about it. He arrived there shortly afterward for a meeting with his dad about an order for one of his jobs.

Leon says he feels fine but for a shoulder that may be sore for a while. Everyone is trying to convince him to at least get checked out. I hope those at work talk him into going for that checkup today...since it's only up the road a 1/2 mile from work there would be no reason not to.
I am so glad it wasn't worse!

7 comments:

Jon said...

Wow. I'm glad he's ok.

I hope he doesn't think this will give him an excuse for losing the next time we go golfing.

--Jon

jp said...

Ha! When he heard what you commented
he laughed and said "I didn't lose last time!"...then he told me about your new rule of a Mulligan putt at the end which made the game a tie. He said he was only just a little bit mad (he said smiling) but the fact that the putt was such an awesomely long successful one was so funny that he still laughs when he thinks of it.

Aaron said...

Yikes!

Getting smacked by a reckless driver makes you gun-shy when driving. It did me anyway when I had a kid turn in front of me when I was driving in to Warren, IL. I just about had a heart-attack every time a car came speeding up to a stop sign as I drove down the highway after that.

I prefer my bike.

Jon said...

So he's still mad about that mulligan? He has a good memory.

These guys allow mulligans on putts:
http://www.tccp.org/html/1,1128,Golf_Contests,00.html

These guys don't:
http://members.aol.com/condar1/rules.html

(Of course, I like the first one.)

Next time, we'll agree on the rules before we tee off. Rule #1: no whining when the other guy makes up a rule on the 18th green.

--Jon

jp said...

Aaron,
Yeah, I was thinking about that time and how demolished your car was. I wondered how you ever made it through it without serious injury. As I recall there was NO front on that car afterward ...it was All smashed in.

Jon,
Good luck on the "no whining part".
:-) I think what is so much fun for the guy on this end is that he is so competitive...and you don't make it easy.

jp said...

The latest on this is that he did go in and get checked out and they said that he is O.K.

Aaron said...

good to hear