News From Overseas
I just got a computer call from Lucas in Israel. Amazing! I wrote down most everything he said but won't put it all on here. Just some:He said the city is very hilly -"worse than Dubuque". (The church has two bikes - both need fixing on the brakes! He figures he'll work on them.) He's been told that when it snows everything shuts down in the city.
He is about 2 miles from George's home which is all up hill.... In another direction 2 miles away there is a Muslim extremist neighborhood. George's home seems way too far away and the other one - way too close -in my mind.
It is odd how one has to even think of danger from those for whom you are merely concerned for their eternal safety! I have heard that that city is relatively safe and peaceful.
Most everyone looks like an Arab there. The only whites he has seen are driving cars. (?)
He still has to catch up on sleep from a 15+ hour trip and maybe 1 hour sleep during a 24 hour period - overnight for us.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update on Lucas. I was glad to read his blog too. I tried to send him a message, but was unsuccessful. I'll try tomorrow, when my mind is fresher.
Love you,
Lee
Post a Comment