Who's In The Kitchen?
I used to LOVE to cook. Whenever I'd wonder whatever happened - I come up with only one thing. When I loved it - it was because my kids gave me that pleasure. They - (chronic eaters that they are) - were always interested in what was being made for them to consume. That made it more fun for me because they were usually there in the kitchen with me. (I like company)
I'm not sure what happened. The T.V. probably. We always had it but it just got more important, I guess. Also, they got older and had other things on their minds. I discovered that when I was out in the kitchen by myself - I started feeling like just the cook - an unpaid one at that!
When they were there watching me fix stuff for them to eat they would also talk to me about things going on in their lives. That was great pay!
Now I dislike cooking. It almost feels like I'm being punished for something when I'm out in the kitchen by myself. Like "You there! Fix grub!!" Not that anyone is saying that or even indicating that way! It seems like no one comes in the kitchen except to find out when it's ready or to pass judgment on the menu. I know that is totally unreasonable of me but there you have it! I suppose someone could give me a little sermonette about my selfishness. Yep...
Oh, oh! Know what I'm doing here? Stirring the bucket!! (see last post) Oh well - plug your nose!!
1 comment:
Ha, That made me laugh. The last part.
Post a Comment