And Yet We Go On
Leon went to the funeral visitation of one of his former contractors. He had just talked to him the day before - actually less -just hours before he suddenly died. He was buying stuff for something he was doing. I guess it was a massive heart attack.
Tomorrow there is a funeral for a young husband/father (Lonnie Schneller). He died of cancer of the brain. A few days ago the mother of a young wife/mother we know died. There is a lot of sadness lately for a lot of people. We can't get away from it. It's going to happen to all of us...but when it happens there is still that feeling of disbelief for those that are left. Life can be hard.
3 comments:
Lonnie Schneller...for some reason I thought he was the guy in my class, but I think Cory was. That is so sad about Lonnie. I remember that they had lost their mother some years ago too. Tough stuff.
Our prayers are with the families of the people who lost their loved ones. So very, very hard.
Lonnie was older than you...about 6 years or so. I heard that his mom was his age when she died.
The Dad is a nice guy but he isn't a believer. He must be going through a really tough time now. It's hard no matter what but...when you're not a believer hopelessness joins despair.
Lonnie accepted Christ a few days before he died - and also his wife did. His brother prayed with him. Don't remember which one.
I think Cory is a believer. Sandy Caruso told me a few years ago that he was really into evangelizing those around him. That led me to believe he had found Christ. Remember that Chris Peterson (can't remember her married name, but I know she goes to your church) used to date him?
So glad that Lonnie and his wife found Christ, before he died.
Love you,
Lee
Post a Comment