Thanksgiving Trip
I'm looking forward to going to Andrew's and Ronda's for Thanksgiving. All but two of the kids and their families will be there. There will be 16 of us. I like it when someone else does the cooking! We will all bring something, though. Cuts down on work for the hosts.
I have said many times that I used to like cooking. Yesterday it occurred to me that something was lost when the kids started growing up and leaving home. It was fun to be in the kitchen when they were little and interested in what I was doing. Now it's someone elses turn.
Tomorrow I clean the house some more and when Beth gets home from school she will help, too.
Lucas' friend Mary, who will be with us at Andrew's, will also be with us for the weekend after we get back so we can't leave a messy house. :-)
The chest of drawers I'm working on refinishing is nearly ready for the varnish. Looks like I may have to wait for about a month before I do anymore. It's in the back room now and I'll probably just put a blanket over it until I can get at it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment